Pages

Fighting fleas... and one more kitten in my house


Most of the cats here have fleas and it's a fight you cannot win. No matter how much you wash your cats with flea shampoo, a day or two and the fleas are back.

Washing a cat is always a pleasure, both to myself and to the cat in question. My little Dimmu does not enjoy flea baths at all! She may not fight much when I am washing her, but the poor thing is shaking in shock for half an hour after the torture.

And I can tell you a soapy kitten is a slippery one!

So, Dimmu has had too much excitement lately. And now she cannot believe that I brought in another kitten today. A ginger little boy who goes and eats Dimmu's food! OMG!

A friend of mine found the ginger little boy some time ago and the kitten was just skin and bones. Now he's doing much better, has a big belly as he has been fed well, but now the friend of mine is leaving the island. We tried to find a home for the kitten, but nobody volunteered. So I figured, what the hell, I already have 8 cats and am feeding god knows how many other cats that just come to my house for food, so what's one more mouth?

So here he is. And he is a cute little one. Dimmu does not approve, of course, but I hope they will become friends. I had already been thinking it would be nice if Dimmu had someone else to play with, and someone else to bite and scratch than me! So far both Dimmu and the little boy are just trying to keep out of each other's way, but let's see, they may give up and realize that ok, it actually is quite nice to have a fellow kitten to hang with.




WHAT IS THAT????? There is no room for another kitten in MY bedroom!

Dimmu's new friend

No comments:

Post a Comment