Pages

Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex in Cats - Part 3

Okay, Lily returned for her recheck today.  Really fantastic results! She looks normal!  Her upper lip is about 99% healed, and her paw is totally normal as well.



I did a chemistry panel today, and it looks like there were no deleterious effects of the steroid injections.  I didn’t think there would be, but the potential was there.  I really dislike giving steroid injections, but a case of this severity necessitated it.  As I indicated after the last recheck, I’m going to prescribe prednisolone, 5 mg every other day, to see if we can maintain the skin looking so good.  If the condition stays in remission, I will try to reduce the dose even further, and hopefully wean her off steroids for good. 

Sometimes a picture is really is worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment