Pages

Greetings from Kota Kinabalu!

Cat with tiny eyes at the KK food market


I had to fly out of Indonesia to sort out my visas, so here I am, in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.

As I arrived here on tuesday evening I got bad news from home: another kitten of mine had died. Spederik, Eini's orange brother, had followed his sister. Same thing happened as with Eini: Spederik got very tired, stopped eating and drinking and died. My friends were looking after him, so I know he got good care, but I still felt miserable - and guilty - that I was not there with him in the end. Been crying a lot and been worrying about the rest of my cats, who are all doing good, my firends have told, but still... I just want to get back and be with my posse of cats.

Luckily, tonight I fly back to Bali and first thing monday morning I take a speedboat back to Gili. Cannot wait to get back home!

But back to Kota Kinabalu. This is a nice small city. I have been here before, have done all the sightseeing tours around the natural parks etc, so this time I concentrated on being lazy and shopping things I really needed. Took long walks, hang around in cafes, went back to my hotel to take a nap if I felt like it.

There are cats here too! You see them everywhere if you have a radar for cats as I do. Around the food market by the sea there are plenty and around some of the restaurants. All look fine and have been friendly. Locals have been smiling at me when I have been taking photos and talking to the cats I've seen. Some of the local cats have the weird tails, too!


I also noticed there is a animal rescue organization, SPCA Kota Kinabalu,  around here. I saw a donation box at the counter of a chinese restaurant where I go every morning to have breakfast, so I looked it up from internet to check if I can go and visit. Unfortunately visiting and volunteering is only on the weekends, so now I just donated some money and liked their FB-page, but maybe next time I can spend a day helping out.



It's been nice to visit here, but I am so happy to get back to Gili!


PS. Our paypal-donate-button still does not work like it should. I am losing my mind with PayPal, as I have not received anyt useful advice. And I have told them that! What they did then: sent me a questionare asking "Are you happy with our service?". HELL NO! And told them why (for example: helping me with my actual question would be a step to the right direction, instead of emailing me bullshit about issues I have not reported....) If there's anyone out there that can help, I'd appreciate it a lot... Meanwhile, if you do want to help out by donating, please contact me directly! Email me at susanna.catsofgili (at) gmail dot com or use the contact form on the right (---> )

This cat was well fed at a local restaurant. And the man looks well fed too!

The boy with a cat was waiting for his friend to drive them to see a vet, as the cat had skin problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment