Pages

Poor little kittens

Poor little kittens!  Sometimes we find kittens that are not all furry and playful and cute. They are hurt, they are sick, they are weak and they need help, they cannot survive alone. This is why we do what we do. Two examples from yesterday, just to show you what we are dealing with sometimes.

This first one was brought to Big Bubble Dive. The kitten has lost it's eye. It got cleaned, medicated and is being looked after by Delphine from Gili Eco Trust. Poor little thing.

Kitten with just one eye


The second one I found last night lying in my garden. I came home after watching sunset and enjoying some cold, good bintangs at The Menggong Bar and as soon as I opened the gate to my house I heard miserable meoowing somewhere. I freaked out, my first thought was one of my cats is in trouble somewhere. It was dark, and here darkness means it's black and so thick you could cut the darkness with a knife. I took a torch and went to search around. And the source of the meoowing was lying behind my house: a tiny weak little kitten. It was not moving, just lying there and screaming for help. I think someone has thrown it over the fence to my garden, as people do know my house is already full of cats and that I will take care of them. And I had never seen this one before, and it was just lying there, scared and miserable.

This miserable little kitten was found in my garden last night


I gave water and food, it ate and drank, and then I put it to a box in my kitchen outside. It slept through the night. Still alive in the morning. It's full of fleas, it's fur is moving by itself, there are so many. Just gave it a flea bath, but it's not helping much.

We'll go over to Lutwala today, as Trish from Lutwala has this magic box full of everything little orphan kittens may need.

I sure hope this one will make it. I just cannot handle any more kittens dying in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment