Pages

Cat News of the day

Back in Gili! Happy to be back home again!


Quick Cat News for all the blog readers:

The female cat with the bad leg died. She looked good before I left to Malaysia. I let her out and she just run away, limping a bit but looking much better. A friend of mine was staying at my house while I was gone, and did not see the cat at all. But as soon as I got home on monday and started calling my cats, the poor cat came too. Was in a very bad shape, skinny and weak. The leg itself did not look too bad, but obviously there were other issues now. The cat did not protest at all when I picked her up, when before she always ran away. I took her inside to my guestroom, gave food and water, and she ate a lot. Vomited soon after, but seemed kind of relieved to be in a safe place. I gave antibiotics, and hoped she was just hungry and needed good food and care. However, I had a feeling she was beyond help already, I guess the leg had been infected too long and she was an easy target for whatever bugs are going around here. And that was the case. She soon settled to her sandbox, and stayed there without moving anywhere. Tuesday morning she was worse, and I knew there is nothing I can do but keep here safe and comfortable. She finally died yesterday. It was sad and it was horrible it took her so long time to finally give up, but at least her suffering is over now.

There has been too much death recently, that's for sure!

Better news next! Beware, it'll be cuteness overload!



I have a tiny tiny kitten, a black cutie, who I think is a boy. He's maybe 3 weeks old, and so so lovely. Wiwin, who works at Lutwala Dive, had found him and they kept him at Lutwala until I got back on monday. He's now my roommate and just adorable little meoowing purr-machine. I just hope he stays healthy and grows up to be a big boy.His name is Dimmu.







And finally: huge thanks to an australian animal welfare organization Animal Aid Abroad, who donated us a big box of antibiotics. Big thanks to my friend Leanne too, who brought the medicines here all the way from Perth.


And greetings from Bali! This big male was hanging around the guesthouse where I was staying in Sanur, Bali.







No comments:

Post a Comment